Print and keep in your first aid kit
Amazing Summer Drink
1 12-ounce can frozen pineapple juice concentrate thawed
1 6-ounce can frozen limeade concentrate thawed
4 cups cold water
1 liter club soda
chilled Ice cubes
Short (6-inch) wooden skewers
Assorted fruits such as halved orange slices, halved lime slices, orange sections, raspberries, strawberries, sliced kiwifruit, and mint
Always have eggs in your fridge
You just never know when someone will split their head open
Or cut their finger while cooking
And so on
See that membrane there?
While the blood is gushing – hold pressure and crack open an egg
Peel that there membrane off and put it on the wound (continue holding pressure)
The membrane will harden and keep the wound closed until you can get to the ER for stitches
If you even need them that is
This is a fun and easy way to save money and reduce your baby’s exposure to chemicals.
What you’ll need:
- A sharp knife to cut paper towel roll in half
- A premium roll of white paper towel (cheap paper towel disintegrate easily)
- 2 cups water that has been boiled and cooled to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons baby soap or baby wash
- 1 Tablespoon baby oil or olive oil
- A plastic bowl container to put your paper towels in
The first thing you want to do is to:
- Cut the roll of paper towel in half with a knife.
- Mix all the liquid ingredients together.
- Place the half a roll of paper towel into the bowl.
- Pour it on top of the paper towel.
- Secure the lid of the container and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Turn the container upside down and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the cardboard piece out of the middle of the paper towel.
Viola! You have made a homemade baby wipes
Here is a video on how to turn a soda can into a stove:
- In a watertight plastic bottle or jar in the tank on the back of your toilet.
- In an envelope at the bottom of your child’s toy box.
- In a plastic baggie in the freezer.
- In the pocket of a particular shirt in your closet.
- In an envelope taped to the bottom of your cat’s litter box.
- Underneath a potted plant.
- In an envelope taped to the bottom of a dresser drawer.
- Inside your Christmas decoration box.
- In a plastic baggie inside of a flour or coffee container.
- In an empty Chap Stick container.
A recent study in the New England Journal of Medicine concluded that downing a whole bag of potato chips makes you fat faster than just about anything else, ice cream and soda included. A single potato chip has enough fat/oil that it can burn for up to 3 minutes! Potato chips are perfect fire starters used for camping or in any emergency situation.
Click on this link to watch the video:
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 lb dipping chocolate or 1 lb confectioner’s coating
Stir together powdered sugar, peanut butter and butter until well mixed.
Shape peanut butter mixture into 1 inch balls, placing them on a baking sheet covered with waxed paper.
Let balls stand for 20 minutes until dry.
Melt the dipping chocolate or confectioners’ coating.
Drop balls one at a time in melted chocolate.
Using a fork, remove from the chocolate, letting excess chocolate drip off.
Place back on the waxed paper.
Let stand until dry.
Store tightly covered in a cool dry place.
I know organizing your pantry might seem overwhelming, but you are really just 30 minutes away from a clean and organized pantry (depending on how big your pantry is of course). Getting your pantry organized is going to make your life a lot easier. Here’s how you can start:
1.) Remove everything you have from your pantry so you can see how much space you have and how much stuff you have to fill it.
2.) Look at the expiration date and get rid of anything past its date. Also, see if you have multiples of everything and consolidate them into one container.
3.) Now arrange your shelves like they do in the grocery store. Put all the spices, cans, grains and condiments on separate areas. The items you use the most like cereals should be place at an eye level. Everything that comes in space hogging boxes should be place in a plastic Tupperware container. They help food stay fresh and safe from insects, plus they stack up well so you can have more space in your pantry.
4.) Store the heavier items on lower shelves so you can grab them without straining your back. Also, store anything you don’t want your children to lay their hands on, on the top shelf where they can’t be reached.
The few minutes you take each time to clean up will really pay off and hopefully, you won’t have to do this again for a long time. Stay organized my friends.
So I found this video news clip that talks about how a 2 liter bottle can produce a 60-watt light powered by 100% solar energy. Watch this video, it is ingenious!
Going to the Philippines last year with my husband made me realize how blessed my life is here in the States. Light bulbs are taken for granted in America, yet are luxury item for the Philippines slums. Innovative ideas like this provides solution to the financial crisis that most of us are facing. Let’s keep this up!
Here is the video link to the video